Tradingpsychologyedge – Dr. Gary Dayton Collection
Status: Available for Intant Download
Dr. Gary Dayton Collection includes:
(1) Dr.Gary Dayton – Chart Reading International Roadshow
Topics: Part I
- Bar-By-Bar Chart Reading Applying Wyckoff
- Dissecting & Diagnosing a Chart Bar-by-Bar
- Reading Market Bottoms
- Reading Market Tops
- Where to Initiate Trades
- Introduction to Wyckoff Wave Analysis
- Multiple Time Frame Considerations
- The Backbone of Wyckoff Trading: Four Classic Trade Setups
- Four Wyckoff Trade Setups
- Jump Across the Creek
- Fall Through the Ice
- Trade Criteria for Each Setup
- How These Trade Setups Both Define Market Structure and are Defined by Market Structure
- Specific Market Structures that Enhance the Odds
- Examples from Numerous Markets & Time Frames
- Four Wyckoff Trade Setups
Topics: Part II
- Applications of Wyckoff to Swing Trading a Major Currency Over Four Months
- Bar-by-Bar Assessments
- Key Elements of Market Turns
- Springs & UTs
- Continuation Plays
- Use of Trend Lines—including Axis Lines
- Wave Analysis
- Subtle Volume Considerations
- Shortening of the Thrust
- Trade Initiation, Management & Exit
- Using the Weis Wave to Understand Market Structure: Intraday Applications Over Seven Trading Days
- Introduction to Market Structure
- Detecting Changes in Trend As They Occur
- Using the Weis Wave
- Change of Trend
- Using Key Structural Points in Trade Selection
- More on Trend lines
- Applications over Seven Days in the Aussie $
- Defining Structure
- Weis Wave
- Using Multiple Time Frames
- Trend Lines
- Trade locations
- Classic Wyckoff Trade Setups: Spring/UT/JAC/FTI
- Bonus: An Actual Trade in Aussie $
- Pre-trade Planning
- Initial Stop Location
- Initial Target Objectives
- How the Weis Wave was used in trade entry and trade management
- Reading price action throughout the trade
- The ‘noise’ of others watching the trade and urging that Gary take profits and exit the trade.
- How this ‘noise’ represented common psychological aspects of trading
- Why the trade was held and the psychological considerations of holding the trade
- How stops were moved to protect profit and avoid premature stop-out
- How targets were adjusted and what made Gary adjust his targets
- Where the exit was taken and why
- How the market traded after the exit
- Assessment of the trade: What was learned.
(2) Dr.Gary Dayton – Chart Reading Mastery Course
Runs for 8 sessions. Each session usually lasting between 90 and 120 minutes per session.
Is a complete course in reading the market. You will learn:
All about market structure
How to construct the three types of proper trend lines
Reading the waves of the market – a little-practiced method that keeps you on the right side of the market
Shortening of the Thrust – highly reliable and easy to see ‘market tell’ that the trend is about to change
Clustering of Closes – market behavior that occurs in certain areas that market the end of a move
How to read buying and selling in the price bars
Understanding demand and supply – these are the only things that move the market
The significance of high volume – this tells the pro trader whether a trend will continue or abort
Major indications of strength as they appear on the chart – showing demand has come in or supply has dried up and extremely helpful in knowing what to anticipate next
Major indications of weakness showing selling has come into the market and sellers are taking control
How to integrate market structure with price bar and volume characteristics as well as the major signs of strength and weakness
Absorption of supply – what it is, where to find it, and how to assess it. Absorption tells us in advance that higher prices are yet to come
Several important principles of price behavior – these are market ‘laws’ that precede price action and give you a heads up on where some of the best trades can be made.
A map of the market that gives you a strong model showing you where to find the best trade setups. This is kept on every graduate’s trading desk and is their road map of the market and choice trade setup location
How to create reliable trade setups – we take all that has been learned and bring it into focus with a clear, complete format on how to create trade setups for yourself. This isn’t like you read in all the trading books. It is a complete description of the trade setup with clear guidelines on the market structure you are looking for plus clear trade management components
Several high odds trade setups are shown with all the details, including the vital market structure conditions we look for in making these profitable trades
How to develop mastery in your trading – we give you the specific steps based on 35+ years of scientific research into excellence and mastery and show you how to apply this to your chart reading and trading skill development. Trading is not easy, but it definitely can be learned. This is the secret to developing real expertise and mastery in your trading.
(3) Dr.Gary Dayton – Trade Tops & Bottoms
Learn to Read Tops & Bottoms and Dramatically Improve Your Trading
Imagine possessing the ability to know when a market is turning. What would it be like to clearly see this occur—not after the fact—but as it is happening? How would you feel if you were able to capture long trade entries at the bottom of the market and initiate shorts at the top? How would you feel if you could do this frequently in your trading?
Well, all this is very possible.
Every trader would like to be able to pick off the top and bottom of a market. After all, this is the location for maximal profits. But few traders know how to do it. They jump the gun and sit through sideways movement and feel the pressure. Worse, they try to pick a top or find a bottom but keep getting stopped out as the market trends on. Frustrated, they miss the big move.
Many turn to indicators—and these can be helpful at times—but they often advise the trader to buy when the market is about to sell off or vice versa. Have you had that happen to you, more than once? To be able to read a top or know that a bottom is in, you need more.
Imagine what it would be like to possess the knowledge, skills and ability to understand market tops and bottoms. What would it be like for you to see a top clearly form and know where to enter short and set your stop? How would you feel if you saw the market bottom, entered long and saw your trade turn profitable almost immedatiately? How would this feel if it occurred frequently in your trading?
Traders need a dependable way to know that a top or bottom is in place. They need a method that:
• Is trustworthy and reliable
• Has high odds for producing solid results
• Is consistent
• Gets you into the trade near the top and near the bottom
• Has clear, close-in stops
• Doesn’t require an indicator, expensive software or fancy calculations to trigger signals
• Produces almost immediate results
• Works on all time frames and in all freely traded markets
• Is easily seen and assessed by the trader
Our Unique Offer on Tops & Bottoms
Our Tops & Bottoms tutorial is unique as we explain in clear terms what you need to see in your chart to reliably assess that a top or bottom is in. This includes the overall background conditions and how structure must appear. We tell you clearly when the top or bottom doesn’t form properly and exactly what to look for. No one else does this.
You aren’t just given a few examples. There is over two hours of detailed review with numerous charts where we explain in detail all the key elements of market tops and market bottoms, including:
• A conceptual model of tops and bottoms so you can understand the specific market action you are looking for
• Specific Entry techniques for tops and bottoms
• Understanding protracted tops and the characteristics of secondary distribution
• Reading the chart for accumulation and what it looks like—this alone will keep you from holding onto short trades or going short at the wrong time
• Likely areas a market will turn
• How to read tops and bottoms bar-by-bar using only price and volume
• How to use the Weis Wave for incredibly accurate confirmations of tops and bottoms
• Using multiple time frames to increase the odds of identifying high quality trades
• Key indications that a market has turned
• Specific trade setups for trading tops and bottoms, along with the all-important background conditions that must be in place
• Identifying the “Springboard”—i.e., the very specific point in the top or bottom where the market is poised to move off the highs or lows rapidly.
• And much more …
(4) Dr. Gary Dayton – Practice Mindfulness
In this video tutorial, Dr. Gary teaches traders how cutting edge psychology offers some new answers to erratic trading, how the practice of mindfulness can help you develop your trading psychology edge, and how traders like yourself can build mindfulness skills. You will learn the following:
– How and why traders learn to fear the market
– What really drives erratic trading behaviors such as failure to pull the trigger, over trading, taking trades without a plan, cutting winners short, and letting losers run
– Why the common attempts of controlling thoughts and feelings fail to work
– How cutting edge psychology offers new ways of thinking that traders can adopt
– What mindfulness is and how the practice of mindfulness can help traders make better decisions, reduce stress, and overcome erratic trading
– How mindfulness can help with concentration, attention, and seeing the market more clearly for better trades
– How traders can build mindfulness skills
(5) Dr.Gary Dayton – Momentum Oscillator
In this webinar, you will learn:
– How the indicator is constructed
– How to see the all-important new momentum come into the market
– How to read loss of momentum and what it likely means
– How to use this oscillator in multiple time frame scenarios to increase your success
– A quick and accurate way to assess higher time frame momentum/loss of momentum on only one time frame
– When divergence is likely to produce a winning trade and when it is not (if you have had difficulty trading divergence in the past, this will be of great help)
– How to use the little-known method of applying divergence between the oscillator and the price waves or swings for excellent trade entry
– The best charts and time frames on which to use this indicator
– How to combine market structure with this indicator for a better understanding of when the market is about to take off
– Several key trade setups explained in detail that you can immediately use
– A copy of the TradeStation plugin or Ninja Trader plug in. It is simple so should be fairly easy to develop for your software. The indicator is quiet powerful so it is worth using it
This is a complete and in-depth teaching of how to use the 3-10 Momentum Oscillator. When you know how to use it, you will have an excellent indicator in your trading tool box. More than just having a useful indicator, you will learn the correct situations when to apply it. This is the value you will learn nowhere else.
(6) Dr.Gary Dayton – Trade the Trend
Understand the market and know where it is going through the help of the trading course Trade the Trend
Traders who are not well versed in their trading will typically think that the financial market moves in an unpredictable manner; however, the financial market does move in a certain way with certain trends. The trend in the financial market can sometimes be described as irrational and unpredictable but it is impossible to predict it but individuals need to have a sophisticated amount of trading knowledge. In order to solve the issue of insufficient trading, the online platform Tradingpsychologyedge has produced an educational trading course called Trade the Trend that put great focus about the trend in the financial market
The trading course Trade the Trend of Tradingpsychologyedge will illustrate the direction in the trading market and why it is an extremely valuable source of information for traders to perform excellent trade. The trading course Trade the Trend will have the total duration of 4 hours and through the 4 hours of lecturing from Tradingpsychologyedge, traders will learn the exact enter and exit moment that they may enter the trading market so that no potential gain can be sacrificed. In addition, the trading course Trade the Trend will tell traders the crucial key in order to obtain larger profits with a trading strategy that has been proven to work no matter the financial market and the timeframes. Traders would not need any prior knowledge about the financial market but what is highly needed to be brought into the table is their determination to perform better and more confident in trading and that is exactly what the trading course Trade the Trend from Tradingpsychologyedge is aiming at.
(7) Dr.Gary Dayton – Point & Figure Charting
They need a tool that:
- Is trustworthy and reliable
- Produces better results
- Is consistent
- Gets you into choice moves near their beginning and gets you out near the end
- Improves your ability to identify accumulation and distribution
- Doesn’t require an indicator, expensive software or fancy calculations
- Shows you clearly where strong support and resistance lie
- Works on all time frames and in all freely traded markets
- Is easily seen and assessed by the trader
Point & Figure Charts are used by swing traders and intraday traders. Here, the P & F Chart captured a recent 30-point intraday move in the S&P e-minis (ES). The P & F Chart highlighted the distribution and gave the target within one point.
Our Unique Offer on Point & Figure Charting
Dr. Gary’s Point & Figure tutorial is unique as he explains in clear terms what you need to see in your chart to reliably assess the direction and extent of the next move of the market. This includes how to use Point & Figure charting to assess support and resistance and accumulation and distribution. Dr. Gary teaches you clearly how to select the best trading opportunities with a strong focus on trade exits. No one else does this.
There is over two hours of detailed review and over 50 slides with numerous charts where we explain in detail all the key elements of Point & Figure Charting, including:How to properly construct Point & Figure Charts so make sure you are using the correct Point & Figure format
Horizontal formations of support and resistance
Understanding accumulation and distribution and their implications
- Reading the chart for accumulation and distribution – this alone will keep you from selling into accumulation and buying into distribution—in other words, taking trades at the wrong time Likely areas a market will turn
- Projecting the probable distance a market should move
- Understanding stepping stone counts and how to use them for both timing of trade entries and better accuracy of target projections
- Understanding the unique ‘slab-sided’ formation seen only on a Point & Figure Chart, the important information it conveys and how to use that information to your trading advantage.
- How to use the Point & Figure Chart to identify key indications such as a market that is on the ‘Springboard’ – i.e., the very specific point where the market is poised to move off the highs or lows rapidly.
- A complete training on using the Point & Figure Count Guide developed by renowned Wyckoff expert Bob Evans. This alone will provide expert guidance in using the Point & Figure Chart in conjunction with the standard bar chart and keep you on the right side of the market.
(8) Dr. Gary Dayton – Winning Trader Psychology
Looking for More Confidence & Consistency in Your Trading? It’s all in Your Head.
“Gary’s Winning Trader Psychology – mental skills and tools have transformed me from a losing trader to a winning trader. Before I began to learn these mental skills and the Wyckoff method I was a consistently losing trader. Until I recently began to receive training and guidance from Gary, I had 9 losing years in a row which finished up with a streak of 68 losing weeks in a row! That has changed markedly for me now. Not every week is a winner but I’m having more winning weeks than losing weeks. Each week I’m becoming more knowledgeable and more consistent. Gary has taught me to focus on the process and not the results. I’m happy to say the results have been a positively growing equity curve as the by-product of that focus on mental skills and trading process.” Tom from Oregon
What would it be like for you to be trading consistently, day in and day out, week in and week out?
Where would your confidence be if you knew you were on top of your trading game?
How would you feel if you knew you were doing the right things in your trading – minimizing unforced errors, sticking to your plan, practicing sound money management, maintaining composure and poise in your trading, and exercising positive and reliable trading actions?
Well, all of this is very possible.
The Key to Successful Trading
Most traders put their attention only on learning the technical side of the market – chart patterns, indicators, reading the bars and volume, creating systems, and the like. Certainly, the technical side of the game is very important, so important that there is no trading without it. But the mental side of the game is just as important. Lacking certain mental skills, traders will struggle to maximize their trading potential or apply their hard learned technical understanding to the market. Think about sports. No professional athlete discounts the mental side of their game. They know the importance of the mental game and they spend a lot of time developing mental skills. They know that no matter how talented they are, they can’t reach their goals without possessing a strong mental game. Traders, too, should not discount the mental side of the trading game.
Our Unique Offer:
Exclusive Training Available Nowhere Else
Dr. Gary’s Winning Trader Psychology course is unique in that it offers what no one else provides: a practical, highly relevant program for developing your mental skills and abilities while at the same time, helping you translate the mental skills directly to your trading. Many traders complain that they have read psychology books and taken a seminar, but never quite understand how to use the material they learned. This is common. There is a disconnection between psychology and trading. Dr. Gary is not only a licensed psychologist, but also a trader. He understands not only the mental side of the game, but, just as importantly, how to translate it specifically for trading so that it becomes an integral part of your trading game.
In Dr. Gary’s Winning Trader Psychology course, you will learn to understand, develop and apply to your trading:
- The three main timeframes of the trader – and they aren’t weekly, daily, and intraday. When you begin to think in these time frames and what to do and not to do in each one, you will have a clear understanding on how to maximize your mental skills for your best trading
- The eleven key mental skills a trader needs. These are all that is needed. They build on one another and give you a complete way of applying your mind productively and profitably in the markets
- Clarifying what you are all about as a trader. When we talk about this, you will know why they say, “Trader, know thyself,” and what it means
- Catalog strengths and limitations and exactly how to deal with them
- How to develop a straightforward plan for your own self-development as a trader that you will be excited about
- How to directly and immediately influence your confidence
- Understanding emotional intensity and how to maintain a constructive level
- What maintaining your poise and composure is all about during trading, and how to quickly regain it when lost
- Where self-esteem comes from in trading and how you can increase it
- How to use the Trader’s Personal Performance Assessment tool to improve yourself in direct, tangible ways that, when applied, can make a difference in your trading
- The use of a little known, but powerful tool to help you get unstuck and move forward on the road for improvement and self-development. This very practical tool is so useful that we will spend one entire session on this.
These practical tools can be immediately applied to your trading and improve your bottom line results:
Dr. Gary’s Winning Trader Psychology course is composed of 4 individual sessions of 1.5-2 hours each. The recordings of the four sessions are available for purchase and you can review the recordings at your convenience.
(9) Dr. Gary Dayton – Trading Journal
Keeping an Effective Trading Journal is a video tutorial designed to help you develop solid mental and technical trading skills. Based on his own trading experiences as well as the experiences of traders Dr. Gary has coached, this trading journal helps you with the common struggles and frustrations faced by all traders.
Dr. Gary’s Trading Journal is not an ordinary journal. When used consistently, it can serve as your virtual trading coach, leading you through your daily trading and helping you to identify your trading strength and limitations. In the video, Dr. Gary explains key guidelines you can follow in using the Trading Journal as your virtual trading coach. Integrating elements of cutting edge, peak performance psychology
Dr. Gary takes you step-by-step and shows you how to:
- effectively prepare for the trading day
- set up your daily game plan
- identify the most important personal goals to work on
- record your trades and mental states
- assess your trading performance and decision-making
- identify positive and limiting patterns in your trading
- use a straightforward method to address limiting patterns
- apply deep, deliberate practice to your trading
- track your progressKeeping an Effective Trading Journal comes complete with downloadable trading journal forms you can immediately use.
(10) Dr. Gary Dayton – Building A Professional Trading Plan
It’s no secret – trading has a very high failure rate. So how can you be different?There are many factors involved, but one sure difference is that successful traders have a trading plan. Consider these words from Jason Alan Jankovsky when he compared the differences between traders who were successful and those who failed:
“The one thing that separated the net winner from the net loser, all things being equal, was that the net winner had a trading plan in addition to his other skills” Trading Rules That Work
Building A Professional Trading Plan
This is the recording of a webinar workshop Dr. Gary Dayton conducted recently in which he shows the traders all the details of creating a professional-level trading plan.
The attendees of the webinar workshop called this webinar workshop “fantastic,” “great stuff,” “provides a lot to think about and very actionable!”
In this workshop, Dr. Gary goes beyond the essentials and details a comprehensive review of what you need in your trading plan for successful trading.
All trading plans should incorporate both business and personal components that detail your personal method, money and risk management procedures, and the all-important psychological factors that can help make or break a trader. Dr. Gary will teach you how to specify and integrate these in your trading plan.
In this Workshop Webinar, he shows the traders:
• How to create an effective Vision & Intension that leads to
• Setting trading goals that can be measured and achieved
• Details on how to develop an overarching trading philosophy that guides your trading and can be reflected in every trade you take
• Identifying the markets and time frames you trade in accordance with liquidity factors, your risk tolerance and personal characteristics
• How to meaningfully identify your strong points as a trader, and also where you reach your personal limits, then creating specific, individual guidelines for your personal discipline
• Proper position sizing, including an effective way to increase up your position size to achieve your financial goals
• How to apply the trader’s most important rule: Protect your Capital with sound money management and risk protection
• Keeping good records and generating reports so that you can effectively monitor and track your progress as a trader
• Developing important routines including your preparation for the next trading session.
• Developing a conceptual map of the market so that you have a clear sense of your trading environment
• A method of reviewing your trades and your trading performance for continuous improvement
• Developing an emergency plan so you can be in control of unexpected events.
• Specifying and managing your overhead costs
• Creating a Professional Development so you can schedule and manage your ongoing learning
• And, more …
In this Webinar Workshop, you will also receive a 27-page Workbook complete with all the forms you need to create your professional trading plan. Unique to Dr. Gary’s approach to constructing a trading plan, you will also be taught how to summarize your plan into an Executive Summary which you can keep on your trading desk for easy reference!
(11) Dr. Gary Dayton – Wyckoff Spring
“Masterfully informative!” Excellent!” “Phenomenal!” “Outstanding” These are only a few of the comments from attendee –
The Wyckoff Spring is a high quality trade set up for all markets and all time frames. Favored by many successful traders, this trade set up has a high probability on the long side. If you would like to have a highly reliable trade setup in your trading arsenal and want to learn the ins and outs of this choice set up, watch this recording of the webinar where you can learn when the Wyckoff Spring webinar.
Dr. Gary went into great, incisive detail as only he can on all of the details of this terrific trade.
In a 120-minute webinar devoted to one trade setup, he details:
A conceptual model of the Wyckoff Spring
The specific, key elements of the Spring
What you need to look for in the background
Two ways to enter the Spring
Where to exit
The specific trade setup criteria for the Spring
Dr. Gary also provides additional tips on how to trade the Spring, including:
When to hold the Spring trade longer
Reading the individual bars at the Spring to detect buying and selling
What will allow you to ignore one of the three instances of when to avoid the Spring
How to use multiple time frames to increase the odds of the Spring
Lots of examples of Springs
And more …
All of this for one trade setup.
Dr. Gary is a Wyckoff expert and trading educator who teaches traders how to understand and read the market via the Wyckoff Method. In this webinar, he explains the details, subtleties and hard won information only experience brings and tells all you ever wanted to know about Springs.
This 120-minute webinar on the Wyckoff Spring provides the access to the video recording as well as 51 pages of slides with charts examples.
(12) Dr. Gary Dayton – Overcome Fear
(13) Dr. Gary Dayton – Wyckoff Upthrust
(14) Dr. Gary Dayton – Primary Language of Market
Profit with Wyckoff Bar by Bar & Learn the Primary Language of the Market Using Only Price and Volume
Recordings of over 5 hours of teaching are available!
It’s not a lost art, yet!
Imagine being able to look at a chart and immediately understand the buying and selling? What would it be like to understand how the market was moving through each price bar and its associated volume? How would you feel if you knew the right time to buy the market on a pullback or sell as price rejects higher levels?
All of this is very possible.
Indicators, specialty software, and systems can be helpful, but they also can be confusing – often advising the traders to buy when the market is about to sell off or sell when the market is ready to rally. Successful traders use indicators as a backup to the chart’s price action. They understand that using indicators alone cannot get them very far. To achieve higher levels of trading, traders come to realize that they need to know how to read the price bars and volume independently of their indicators. Struggling traders do just the opposite: they rely on indicators and ignore what can be plainly read in the naked chart. To truly learn how to trade profitably, traders need to understand how to read the market by its own action bar-by-bar. This is what we teach you.
This special webinar will include:
The intricacies of reading price bars and volume
What wide spread bars mean
The implications of high volume (there are several to be aware of)
The implications of low volume (there are several to be aware of)
The market contexts in which narrow range bars are important
What to look for, bar-by-bar, in trending markets—both up and down trends
One key indication in price and volume that gives a very strong indication that a trend is over
Important market cues to pay attention to that signal a trend is likely
Confirming indications that a trend remains intact and that you shouldn’t exit a winning trade prematurely – these are usually very clear and will help keep you in the trade
Early warning signs that signal a trend is likely coming to an end – these tell you it is time to lighten up on your position or exit entirely
Using market waves along with bar-by-bar analysis—a critical chart reading skill
Exclusive: How to apply the Weis Wave with bar-by-bar trading!
How to tell the difference between a normal pullback and a trend change
Using price bars and volume for entries – we will go over several
Where to set stops based on price and volume
How to integrate higher time frames on a bar-by-bar basis for very powerful trading
We will walk-forward a few markets bar-by-bar to give you a feel of reading the market real-time.
We don’t do “quick & dirty”
Charts are dissected in great detail. It is not good enough to just look at a chart in a casual manner. We show you how to go right into the heart of bar-by-bar analysis.
This course is composed of 2 sessons of more than 5 hours of teaching. Sessions are recorded and you can review the recordings at your convenience.As with everything we teach, the material you will learn in this webinar applies to all freely traded markets in all time frames. We have never done this before and have never shown this material in this depth before, so you will be getting it first! This course is helpful for traders whether you are new to the market or have been trading for a while.
(15) Dr.Gary Dayton – DEEP PRACTICE WITH DR.GARY
and other Three Bonus Courses
About the Author – Dr Gary Dayton
Dr. Gary Dayton stands apart as a trading psychologist in his use of the Mindfulness-Acceptance-Commitment (MAC) approach to peak performance, a model of human behavior based on cutting-edge psychological research. In his thought-leader article, Fear Not: A Mindful Perspective for Traders published in Stocks, Futures, and Options Magazine (December, 2009), Dr. Dayton introduced traders to the practice of mindfulness to help them overcome fear and other unwanted trading emotions and explained how mindfulness can help traders develop the concentration and focus needed to trade successfully. Dr. Dayton published another article in the June 2010 issue of SFO Magazine, Take Control of Your Trading: Focus on High-Value Actions, where he shows traders how to stay focused on critical trading actions rather than succumb to ‘emotional hijackings’ while trading.
After learning trading strategies, Dr. Dayton found that the number one challenge for traders is the struggle with the mental and emotional side of trading. Nearly every trader tries to control his or her emotions, but this is usually ineffective and often becomes problematic for the trader. The struggle with unwanted emotions and the erratic trading actions that result may be a primary reason why 90% of all aspiring traders fail. Dr. Dayton uses the MAC model to help traders focus on what matters most for his/her trading and avoid engaging in distracting emotional and mental chatter.
Through seminars, workshops, and coaching, Dr. Dayton, and his company Peak Psychology Inc., help traders overcome the psychological pitfalls unique to trading, while at the same time helping traders develop the optimal mindset needed to be successful. He focuses on both correcting problems as well as teaching specific proficiencies required to build mastery in trading. Dr. Dayton applies state-of-the-science knowledge in mindfulness-acceptance, cognitive-behavioral, and sport psychologies, along with research findings from behavioral finance, to help individuals systematically develop peak performance skills and abilities. His ultimate goal with each individual is to instill the ability to become one’s own peak performance coach.
A trader himself, Dr. Dayton understands what goes through a trader’s mind and can effectively communicate with them. He integrates his knowledge of advanced psychology with trading to make it easier for the trader to understand. His approach to trading psychology is focused on helping the trader build the metal skills necessary to trade successfully. In his work, Dr. Dayton guides the trader through the elements of deep or deliberate practice, a model of elite performance based on 35 years of research in individual performance.
An active trader since 1999, Dr. Dayton has traded equities, commodity futures, the financial index e-mini futures, and options, e-mini S&P futures markets, applying Wyckoff method of market analysis. He is an expert in Wyckoff analysis and the lost art of chart reading, in which the technical aspects of the market are read with price bars and volume.
A featured speaker in workshops and seminars, Dr. Dayton helps traders learn the mental and emotional side of trading through enjoyable and enlightening hands-on exercises.
Dr. Dayton is a psychologist and holds a doctorate in clinical psychology and a certificate in human performance/sport psychology from Rutgers University. He is President of Peak Psychology, Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in developing “peak” performance in traders.